2013 Capital Campaign: Jackson House
Sara’s Garden provides clients with specialized, comprehensive Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Autism Intervention and Sensory Integration Services. We are the only non-profit facility in the United States to offer all of these services. Even though we are located in Wauseon, our licensed professionals serve those from neighboring communities, counties and states through programs (listed below) that are not offered in conjunction elsewhere. Sara’s Garden has treated clients from as far away as Oregon and Washington in the Great Northwest, California and Arizona in the West, to Alabama and Louisiana in the South, to Maine and New York City in the East, as well as Canada.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy helps the body heal from conditions in which low oxygen in the tissues inhibits or complicates the healing process. HBOT does not replace traditional therapies but is used in conjunction with and to enhance these therapies.
- Conductive Education is an intensive and holistic approach to educating individuals with neuromotor disabilities that combines physical activity with cognitive tasks for the purpose of achieving greatest independence and potential.
- Autism Intervention attempts to lessen the deficits and abnormal behaviors associated with Autism and other Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), and to increase the quality of life and functional independence of Autistic individuals, especially children. Treatment is tailored to the child’s needs.
- Sensory Integration has been shown to be effective in reducing stress and improving concentration, eye-hand coordination and motor function for children and adults with special needs, developmental disabilities, autism, chronic pain, stroke, brain injuries, and other conditions.
Our 2013 capital campaign is seeking to fill a tremendous need for the families that we serve: raising funds for the construction of an onsite Jackson’s House. This project is a 1-story, 8-12-bedroom facility for clients and families to stay during their treatment sessions at Sara’s Garden. Our current 2-bedroom home is simply not adequate to serve all of the families that are traveling to Sara’s Garden for service and is limiting the number of families that we are able to serve as families are not able to afford the additional cost for hotel lodging when our current Jackson House facility is full.
When your loved one has a disability, you want to be able to obtain the best treatment options possible – even if that is hundreds or thousands of miles away. Many of the families we serve travel a great distance from home in order to get treatment their loved ones need. It can be a long time to be away from home, and many times it can divide a family. We know first-hand how that feels and how it impacts a family… we went through it ourselves.
On some occasions, we were fortunate to be able to stay at a Ronald McDonald House. It was comforting to know there was a “home-away-from-home” that allowed us to stay close by at little or no cost. We want to provide that same comfort and assurance to our clients. Jackson House is based on the simple idea that nothing else should matter when a family is focused on healing their child – not where they can afford to stay or where they will lay their head at night.
Families are stronger when they are together, which helps in the healing process. By staying at Jackson House, families are close by and can keep up with their treatment schedules without worrying about travel to and from Sara’s Garden or the cost of costly long term hotel lodging. Jackson’s House will make a difference in the lives of families through a few of the following ways:
- By continuing to reduce and/or eliminate costly fees to the disabled (who are least able to pay and the most disadvantaged).
- By allowing clients and their family to stay together onsite here at Sara’s Garden.
- By reducing and/or eliminating travel, lodging and meal costs between visits.
- By allowing for the maximum opportunities to recover the maximum functions through our healing services.
With your support and partnership, we can continue to make a difference in the lives of families from across the country. We would be glad to submit a full proposal with additional information for your further review. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at 419.335.7272 ext. 201 or via email at email@example.com.