NHA Now Accepting Student Applications for 2021-22 School Year
New Horizons Academy (NHA) is NOW accepting new special education student applications for the 2021-2022 school year for its PK-12 school campuses in Wauseon (620 W. Leggett St.) and Holland (6201 Trust Dr.—just off of Airport Highway in Toledo). NHA is also pleased to announce that it is accepting new student applications for its new Career and Event Center and Coffee Shop (854 S. Shoop Ave., Wauseon), which targets vocational and work skills for young adults through the age of 21. Call TODAY to begin the enrollment process for August’s classes.
We are very excited to be accepting applications for NEW special education students for the 2021-2022 school year for our preschool to high school classes and vocational courses through our new Career Center. If you are looking for the right special education placement, a place where your child feels like he or she fits in, consider NHA in Wauseon, Springfield Township, or through the new Career Center. Currently, NHA has students from 9 different counties and over 20 different school districts.
At NHA, kids come first. We exist for our students; our students do not exist for the school. Students don’t have to fit into the classes. The classes and programs are made to meet the individual student’s needs. Please visit us, and see if we are the right fit for your special needs student.
NHA’s Wauseon & Springfield Township Campuses:
- Are regional preschool to 12th grade special education schools.
- Have less than a 1:2—staff to student ratio.
- Specialize in individualized, personalized education.
- Provide strong academics, community involvement, life skills classes, vocational skills, work site placements, and job coaches.
- Offer early intervention, conductive education (CE), sensory integration, occupational therapy, speech/language pathology & music instruction.
- Participate in the College Credit Plus (CCP) Program.
- Are Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) Schools.
- Accept both the Autism & Jon Peterson Scholarships as payment in full.
- Serve students from 9 counties and over 20 different school districts.
NHA’s NEW Career Center for Special Education Students:
- Prides itself on small classrooms (No more than 5 students in a room)
- Works with young adults up to age 21
- Targets vocational and work skills
- Provides on-site job coaching
- Will soon have students working in its Special Grounds Coffee Shop
- Helps transition high school students into community programs for youth and jobs for young adults
Our mission is to help your child achieve the greatest independence possible through early intervention programs, classes, community activities, life skills training, vocational placements, and job coaching.
Steps to Enrollment:
- Call the school for more information.
- Submit a copy of your child’s IEP & ETR for review.
- Schedule a school tour, interview, and student assessment.
- If accepted, complete student enrollment paperwork, and provide proof of residency.
- Complete and accept the Autism or Jon Peterson Scholarship.
For more information on New Horizons Academy or to schedule a tour, call Admissions Coordinator Ronda Rupp at 419-335-7272, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or log onto the school website at newhorizonsacademy.org.