NHA COVID Update
New Horizons Academy (NHA) is committed to the safety and health of our students and staff, and we will do everything in our power to keep them safe! As the number of Northwest Ohio COVID-19 cases grow, NHA has worked extremely hard to minimize in-school exposure to the coronavirus. To date, we have had only:
- 1 student at our Wauseon Campus test positive
- 1 staff member at our Career Center test positive
- 1 staff member at our Springfield Campus test positive
- 5 staff members at our Wauseon Campus test positive
Thank you for helping to keep our students and staff healthy and safe from the coronavirus! Please continue to:
- Keep your children home when they are sick.
- Encourage them to wear a mask or face covering.
- Avoid unnecessary gatherings with people outside of your home.
- Remind your children to wash their hands often with soap and water.
- Encourage them to carry and use hand sanitizer.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
Please be aware that the Ohio Department of Health has updated its COVID-19 quarantine guidelines. Please take a few minutes to review them, so you are aware how they may affect NHA school operations.
For more information on the new quarantine guidelines, call the Ohio Department of Health Hotline at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634) or visit coronavirus.ohio.gov. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. If you or a loved one are experiencing anxiety related to the coronavirus pandemic, help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call the COVID-19 Care Line at 1-800-720-9616.