NHA COVID Update
New Horizons Academy (NHA) is committed to the health and safety of its students and staff, and we will do everything in our power to keep them safe! That said, as we start the fourth quarter of this school year, we are celebrating our first baby step back to “normal.”
This school year, we have worked extremely hard to minimize in-school coronavirus transmission with face coverings, social distancing, frequent hand washing, hand sanitizing, rigorous cleaning, maintaining classroom pods, having staff rather than students rotate classrooms, and morning temperature checks for staff and students. We have been remarkably successful with just 9 individuals testing positive for COVID-19:
- 1 student at our Wauseon Campus
- 1 staff member at our Career Center
- 2 staff members at our Springfield Campus
- 5 staff members at our Wauseon Campus
With less community transmission, our COVID cases starting to drop, and staff getting vaccinated, NHA will no longer will be taking morning temperatures for all of its staff and students. This is the first little step back to normal, and a trend that we hope to continue! With just over a year since our forced COVID-19 school closure, it is definitely something worth celebrating!
To continue this trend, NHA will continue its other COVID protocols and will ask you to continue to:
- Keep your children home when they are sick.
- Encourage them to wear a mask or face covering.
- Avoid unnecessary gatherings with people outside of your home.
- Remind your children to wash their hands often with soap and water.
- Encourage them to carry and use hand sanitizer.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
Thank you for helping us to keep our students and staff healthy and safe!