NHA Now Accepting Applications for 2019-20
New Horizons Academy Is NOW accepting student applications for the 2019-20 school year!
Call TODAY to begin the enrollment process for your child for classes beginning in August!
We are excited and proud to be accepting applications for NEW students for the 2019-20 school year for our preschool to high school classes. If you are looking for the right special education placement, a place where your child feels like he or she fits in, consider New Horizons Academy (NHA).
At NHA, kids come first. We exist for our students; our students do not exist for the school. Students don’t have to fit into the classes. The class and program are made to meet the individual student’s needs. Please visit us, and see if we are the right fit for your special needs student.
New Horizons Academy—
- Is a regional preschool to 12th grade special education school.
- Has a 1 to 1.6—staff to student ratio.
- Specializes in individualized, personalized education.
- Provides strong academics, community involvement, and vocational/job site placement.
- Offers early intervention, conductive education (CE), sensory integration, occupational therapy, speech/language pathology & music instruction.
- Participates in the College Credit Plus (CCP) Program.
- Is an Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) School.
- Accepts both the Autism & Jon Peterson Scholarships as payment in full.
- Serves students from 9 counties and over 20 different school districts.
Our mission is to help your child achieve the greatest independence possible through academic subjects, community involvement, life skills training, and vocational/job site placement and coaching.
Steps to Enrollment—
- Call the school for more information.
- Schedule a school tour, interview, and student assessment.
- Submit a copy of your child’s IEP & ETR.
- Complete student enrollment paperwork.
- Participate in a family interview and student evaluation to determine the best fit possible.
- Be notified of acceptance into New Horizons Academy
- Provide proof of residency.
- Complete the Autism or Jon Peterson Scholarship Application Form.
- Accept the scholarship from the Ohio Department of Education.
- Confirm your child’s first day of school at New Horizons Academy.