NHA Now Accepting Applications for 2023-24
All three New Horizons Academy (NHA) locations are NOW accepting new student applications for the 2022-2023 school year! NHA is so pleased to announce that it is accepting new student applications for its regional special education PK-12 school campus at 220 Lawrence Ave. in Wauseon, its Greater Toledo Area campus at 6201 Trust Dr. in Holland—just off of Airport Highway, and at its new Career Center and Special Grounds Coffee Shop at 854 S. Shoop Ave. in Wauseon. Currently, NHA serves special education students from over 25 different school districts from across nine Northwest Ohio counties. Call TODAY to find out more about NHA and its academic and vocational programs. Classes begin in August, so begin the enrollment process NOW.
If you are looking for the right special education placement for your preschool to high school student, a place where your child feels like he or she fits in, consider NHA in Wauseon, our Holland or Springfield Township campus, or through the new Career Center. At NHA, kids come first. We exist for our students; our students do not exist for the school. Students don’t have to fit into the classes. The classes and programs are designed to meet the student’s individual needs. Please visit us today, and see if we are the right fit for your special needs student.
NHA’s Wauseon & Springfield Township Campuses:
- Are regional preschool to 12th grade special education schools
- Have a 1:2—staff to student ratio
- Specialize in individualized, personalized education
- Provide strong academics, community involvement, life skills classes, and vocational training
- Offer early intervention, conductive education (CE), sensory integration, occupational therapy, speech/language pathology & music instruction
- Participate in the College Credit Plus (CCP) Program
- Are Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) Schools
- Accept both the Autism & Jon Peterson Scholarships as payment in full.
NHA’s NEW Career Center & Special Grounds Coffee Shop:
- Prides itself on small classroom sizes (4-7 students)
- Works with young adults up to age 21
- Targets functional academics, vocational skills training, and work study placements
- Provides on-site work study placements through its Special Grounds Coffee Shop including kitchen and food prep, counter and customer service work, and maintenance and cleaning
- Helps transition high school students and special needs young adults into community work study programs
- Provides job coaching and transportation to community work sites
- Community work site partners include Ace Hardware, Chief Supermarkets, the Fulton County Airport, Goodwill Industries, and the Home Restaurant with others coming on weekly.
Our mission is to help your child achieve the greatest independence possible through early intervention programs, classes, community activities, life skills training, vocational placements, and job coaching.
Steps to Enrollment:
- Call the school for more information.
- Submit a copy of your child’s IEP & ETR for review.
- Schedule a school tour, interview, and student assessment.
- If accepted, complete student enrollment paperwork, and provide proof of residency.
- Complete and accept the Autism or Jon Peterson Scholarship.
For more information on New Horizons Academy or to schedule a tour, contact Admissions Coordinator Ronda Rupp at 419-335-7272 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.