NHA Students Head Back to School
NHA Students Head Back to School with Open Houses on August 15 & 16!
We are so excited to welcome back to school all of our New Horizons Academy (NHA) students and parents at our Annual Open Houses on August 15 at our Springfield Campus in Holland and on August 16 at our Wauseon and Career Center Campuses!
To make the Open Houses a little less overwhelming for our special needs students and to give them and their parents more time to find their rooms and to talk with their teachers, principal, therapists, conductors, and classmates, NHA will be staggering its open house schedule by age groups across the two nights.
Monday, August 15
Springfield Campus—6201 Trust Dr., Holland
- 6:00-6:30 p.m.—STARS Preschool Classes
- 6:30-7:00 p.m.—Developmental Elementary Classes
- 7:00-7:30 p.m.—Middle School & High School Classes
- 7:30-8:00 p.m.—Conductive Education (CE) & PACE Program
Tuesday, August 16
Wauseon Campus—220 Lawrence Ave.
- 5:30-6:00 p.m.—STARS Preschool Classes
- 6:00-6:30 p.m.—Developmental & Elementary Classes
- 6:30-7:00 p.m.—CE, Room 115 & Middle School Classes
Wauseon Campus—620 W. Leggett St.
- 7:00-7:30 p.m.—Junior High & High School Classes
Career Center—854 S. Shoop Ave.
- 7:30-8:00 p.m.—Career Center Program
NHA Principal Marty Friess wants to extend a special invite to all of our students and parents, “Please join us in kicking off another GREAT YEAR at New Horizons Academy in Wauseon and Springfield. We have missed all of our students over the summer, and we are so looking forward to seeing everyone at our Open Houses and starting back to school on Wednesday, August 17. Please join us at the Open Houses and help to get this year off on the right foot.”
NHA still has a few openings for this school year and is still accepting students in select classrooms at its regional special needs campuses. Classes do begin August 17; so if you are interested in enrolling your child, please contact the school today to get the enrollment process started.
At New Horizons Academy, all of our classes and programs are designed to meet the individual needs of our special education students, including their academic, behavioral, and social needs. NHA accepts both the Autism and Jon Peterson Scholarships as payment in full for our students’ tuition and therapy services during the school day. Cost is not and should not be the reason that special needs children miss out on the early intervention (EI), special education, or vocational training experiences that they so desperately need.
Is NHA Right for Your Child?
- Regional special education classes for students aged 3-21 from over 25 different school districts from across Northwest Ohio’s 9 different counties,
- With less than a 1:2—staff to student ratio,
- Individualized, personalized education,
- Strong academics, community involvement, life skills classes, vocational skills, work site placements, and job coaches,
- Helps students to reach their full potential and become as independent as they can possibly be,
- Including EI, CE, sensory integration, occupational therapy (OT), speech/language pathology (SLP), music instruction, and the College Credit Plus (CCP) Program,
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) School,
- Vocational opportunities through the Special Grounds Coffee Shop & Coffee Cart
Time is short. The next school year is just around the corner with Open Houses on August 15 & 16; so, call Admissions Coordinator Ronda Rupp at 419-335-7272 or email her today at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tour and get the admissions process started.
For more information on NHA or on any of its open houses, please call the school offices: