NHA Now Accepting Applications for 2020-21
New Horizons Academy is NOW accepting new special education student applications for the 2020-2021 school year for both its Wauseon and Holland/Springfield campuses. Call TODAY to begin the enrollment process for August’s classes.
We are very excited to be accepting applications for NEW special education students for the 2020-21 school year for our preschool to high school classes. If you are looking for the right special education placement, a place where your child feels like he or she fits in, consider New Horizons Academy (NHA).
At NHA, kids come first. We exist for our students; our students do not exist for the school. Students don’t have to fit into the classes. The class and program are made to meet the individual student’s needs. Please visit us, and see if we are the right fit for your special needs student.
NHA’s Wauseon & Holland Campuses:
- Are regional preschool to 12th grade special education schools.
- Have less than a 1:2 staff to student ratio.
- Specialize in individualized, personalized education.
- Provide strong academics, community involvement, life skills classes, vocational skills, work site placements, and job coaches.
- Offer early intervention, conductive education (CE), sensory integration, occupational therapy, speech/language pathology & music instruction.
- Participate in the College Credit Plus (CCP) Program.
- Are Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) Schools.
- Accept both the Autism & Jon Peterson Scholarships (Categories 5 & 6) as payment in full.
- Serve students from 9 counties and over 20 different school districts.
Our mission is to help your child achieve the greatest independence possible through early intervention programs, classes, community activities, life skills training, vocational placements, and job coaching.
Steps to Enrollment:
- Call the school for more information.
- Submit a copy of your child’s IEP & ETR for review.
- Schedule a school tour, interview, and student assessment.
- If accepted, complete student enrollment paperwork, and provide proof of residency.
- Complete and accept the Autism or Jon Peterson Scholarship.